12 ounces of all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
3 ounces margarine or drippings
Enough water to bind the ingredients. I started with about 2/3 cup and went from there.
10 ounces scrubbed, diced potatoes (don't remove the skins)
4 medium, diced carrots
1 large onion, diced
Salt and Pepper to taste
Herbs to taste
- Cook the carrots and potatoes until soft. (I microwaved mine to save time)
- Saute the onion in a little bit of oil, margarine or drippings.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut the margarine into the flour mixture then bind with water.
- Combine the cooked carrots, potatoes and onions. Add herbs, salt and pepper. (I used about 2 teaspoons of rosemary)
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts.
- Roll each piece of dough into a circle about 7-8" in diameter.
- Put 1/4 of the vegetable mixture to one side of the circle.
- Wet the edges of the pastry with water, and fold the dough in half, pressing the edges together.
- Prick top of each pastry and brush with milk.
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Enjoy hot or cold.
Post a Comment